Skip to main content

Crazy Busy

I did not abandon my blog, I've just been crazy busy. Since Thanksgiving, I've had something going on every day and it has been wonderful. In the past, my tendency has been to hide out in my house, to wallow in my self-pity and make excuses when asked to join in, the effort of taking part in life deemed as too much trouble. But this season, I decided to force myself off the couch and out of my house, and the experiment has been a success. I have felt so much better in the action of crawling out of the self-pity and enjoying other people's company. In doing so, I've realized that the life I've been wanting has been waiting for me, waiting for me to realize that I don't have to take part in all the things people talk about on Twitter, or by being with people who have hundreds of followers on Twitter. I can have a wonderful life with the real people in my life right now. My life can be wonderful by catching up with old friends at a favorite Mexican restaurant; by enjoying a potluck at a friends new house and enjoying homemade pasta made with techniques learned in Italy; by going to a happy hour where I only knew 3 of the 20 or so people there.

It took me awhile to get to this point, to take this chance on life. So far, it's been so worth it. My hope for this blog is to keep writing about taking those chances and maybe by me writing about my process, I can shave some time off someone else's process to get to the life that is waiting for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: Roots

Lisa-Jo Baker (lisajobaker.com) hosts a weekly event on her blog called "Five Minute Friday". The rules are 1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.. So here's my first try at this. Today's topic was Roots. Roots – I think about my grandparents who lived on a farm until my grandfather’s diabetes worsened and they moved to a town with a hospital nearby. My father still says he wished he could have kept that farm. I think of my grandmother who was a widow for 20 years. Every year she would stand over my PaPa’s grave, wishing she was with him. I think of my parents, a product of those grandparents, how hard my father worked to put 2 girls through...

Five Minute Friday: Brave

Right now at this point in my life, it feels like the bravest thing I should be doing is trusting God's plan for me. It is so scary to hand everything over to Him and trust that it will all be alright. Or maybe what I should test my bravery on is trusting His timing.  I do trust that He has a good plan for me, I just wish He'd hurry up and reveal it to me. It's been six long years of waiting to see what good will come from my divorce. Six years of feeling broken, worthless, and unlovable. I believe with my whole heart that He will make good from what was meant to harm me, He will give me double for my trouble, but I want my beauty for ashes RIGHT NOW! I also need to find the bravery to believe the good things people tell me about me. This has been a really hard week for me and through their words and their shows of concerns, I know that people care about me but I can't find the courage to turn that into self-love. When I look in the mirror, I still see ug...

Five Minute Friday: Mercy

Mercy, this is a tough one for me. I think that's why I waited until Saturday to do Five Minute Friday. I didn't want to face the topic of mercy. I am thankful everyday for God's tender mercies. The first definition of mercy that came up when I googled the word was compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.  This definitiion is my life in a nutshell. How many times has God extended this to me when I deserved to be turned into a pillar of salt like Lot's wife. How many times have I ignored his laws and his proddings and done exactly what I wanted to do. Every time he forgives me and prospers me. Every. time. I know there are people I should show mercy to. People who have broken my heart into more pieces than I can count. I think that I am showing mercy by keeping my disappointment in silence. In a day and age with social media, I could have told everyone that follows them how they have hurt me but I ha...