Skip to main content

Five Minute Friday: Dive

Dive - did anyone else start hearing Steven Curtis Chapman when they read that word?

One of the things I hope to do in 2013 is dive. Dive into new experiences. Dive into working on my dive of a house and improving it into the home I'd like to have. Dive into my job and give it 110% every day. Dive into being the kind of friend I want to have.

For so long I feel like I've been treading water. Some days I can feel the water at my chin, sometimes even on the bridge of my nose. There have been days that have been so dark that I've felt like diving to the bottom and not coming back up. Hopefully those days are behind me and the only diving I'll be doing is the good kind, the kind that leads to exciting things.

I'm not a strong swimmer. I don't know that I've ever gone off a diving board. I like to step into the water, slowly checking out the temperature, taking my time before I go under. I'd like to be braver though, I'd like to leap into things, say yes before I talk myself out of things.

Take me out of these 5 minutes Steven - "I'm diving in, I'm going deep, in over my head I want to be".

Comments

  1. Awesome post! I love the analogys you used. I found you from five minute Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must admit I can't think of the song you are referring to... must look that up! Good luck with diving into the good things year and leaving the dark waters behind!

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so thought of the SCC song - love it! Found you of course from FMF. Happy diving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: Roots

Lisa-Jo Baker (lisajobaker.com) hosts a weekly event on her blog called "Five Minute Friday". The rules are 1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.. So here's my first try at this. Today's topic was Roots. Roots – I think about my grandparents who lived on a farm until my grandfather’s diabetes worsened and they moved to a town with a hospital nearby. My father still says he wished he could have kept that farm. I think of my grandmother who was a widow for 20 years. Every year she would stand over my PaPa’s grave, wishing she was with him. I think of my parents, a product of those grandparents, how hard my father worked to put 2 girls through...

Five Minute Friday: Brave

Right now at this point in my life, it feels like the bravest thing I should be doing is trusting God's plan for me. It is so scary to hand everything over to Him and trust that it will all be alright. Or maybe what I should test my bravery on is trusting His timing.  I do trust that He has a good plan for me, I just wish He'd hurry up and reveal it to me. It's been six long years of waiting to see what good will come from my divorce. Six years of feeling broken, worthless, and unlovable. I believe with my whole heart that He will make good from what was meant to harm me, He will give me double for my trouble, but I want my beauty for ashes RIGHT NOW! I also need to find the bravery to believe the good things people tell me about me. This has been a really hard week for me and through their words and their shows of concerns, I know that people care about me but I can't find the courage to turn that into self-love. When I look in the mirror, I still see ug...

Five Minute Friday: Mercy

Mercy, this is a tough one for me. I think that's why I waited until Saturday to do Five Minute Friday. I didn't want to face the topic of mercy. I am thankful everyday for God's tender mercies. The first definition of mercy that came up when I googled the word was compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.  This definitiion is my life in a nutshell. How many times has God extended this to me when I deserved to be turned into a pillar of salt like Lot's wife. How many times have I ignored his laws and his proddings and done exactly what I wanted to do. Every time he forgives me and prospers me. Every. time. I know there are people I should show mercy to. People who have broken my heart into more pieces than I can count. I think that I am showing mercy by keeping my disappointment in silence. In a day and age with social media, I could have told everyone that follows them how they have hurt me but I ha...