Skip to main content

31 Days of Traveling to Europe: Day 17 - Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower‏
























I got to see some of the major sights of Paris today. We started our day by climbing the tower of Notre Dame. What an amazing view!









The interior is breathtaking.








The exterior is amazing.








We had no idea that we were visiting on during the 850th anniversary of Notre Dame. This was erected in the plaza in front of the cathedral.




After catching our breath from the stairs and the beauty of Notre Dame, we realized it was lunchtime so we started looking for a bite to eat. This is what we found - a Parisian hotdog. It was delicious!




We then made our way to Sainte-Chappelle.






We next tried to see as much of the city before our night tour of Paris.









As we made our way to the tour, the sky opened up and it just poured. We were afraid it might be cancelled but by the time we were on the bus, the rain stopped. First thing we did on the tour was board a boat and take a cruise down the Seine.








Next stop - the Eiffel Tower. I know the French hate this structure and it's probably very "ugly American" of me to be excited about it, but I was very excited to see this Paris landmark.






I don't know that I've ever seen a more beautiful sunset.





And when the tower was lit, it was magical.









What a day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: Roots

Lisa-Jo Baker (lisajobaker.com) hosts a weekly event on her blog called "Five Minute Friday". The rules are 1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.. So here's my first try at this. Today's topic was Roots. Roots – I think about my grandparents who lived on a farm until my grandfather’s diabetes worsened and they moved to a town with a hospital nearby. My father still says he wished he could have kept that farm. I think of my grandmother who was a widow for 20 years. Every year she would stand over my PaPa’s grave, wishing she was with him. I think of my parents, a product of those grandparents, how hard my father worked to put 2 girls through...

Five Minute Friday: Brave

Right now at this point in my life, it feels like the bravest thing I should be doing is trusting God's plan for me. It is so scary to hand everything over to Him and trust that it will all be alright. Or maybe what I should test my bravery on is trusting His timing.  I do trust that He has a good plan for me, I just wish He'd hurry up and reveal it to me. It's been six long years of waiting to see what good will come from my divorce. Six years of feeling broken, worthless, and unlovable. I believe with my whole heart that He will make good from what was meant to harm me, He will give me double for my trouble, but I want my beauty for ashes RIGHT NOW! I also need to find the bravery to believe the good things people tell me about me. This has been a really hard week for me and through their words and their shows of concerns, I know that people care about me but I can't find the courage to turn that into self-love. When I look in the mirror, I still see ug...

Five Minute Friday: Mercy

Mercy, this is a tough one for me. I think that's why I waited until Saturday to do Five Minute Friday. I didn't want to face the topic of mercy. I am thankful everyday for God's tender mercies. The first definition of mercy that came up when I googled the word was compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.  This definitiion is my life in a nutshell. How many times has God extended this to me when I deserved to be turned into a pillar of salt like Lot's wife. How many times have I ignored his laws and his proddings and done exactly what I wanted to do. Every time he forgives me and prospers me. Every. time. I know there are people I should show mercy to. People who have broken my heart into more pieces than I can count. I think that I am showing mercy by keeping my disappointment in silence. In a day and age with social media, I could have told everyone that follows them how they have hurt me but I ha...