Skip to main content

Five Minute Friday: Send



Five Minute Friday is a writing event that has hundreds of writers spending five minutes writing on the same topic and then sharing them at http://katemotaung.com/five-minute-friday/. This week's word is Send

I wish I could send these voices packing. The voices that tell me I'm not enough, I'm not a writer, I'm not loveable. The voices that kept me from doing this Five Minute Friday on Friday. The ones that keep me afraid, who silence my voice and tell me there's no way I could possibly help anyone.

I wish I could send them far away - where they can't squelch my happiness. Where they couldn't creep into my thoughts just when I'm starting to feel better. The voices that tell me I will always be alone, that I will never find what I'm looking for, that I will never matter.

The voices were there even before he left. The voices that told me my life had to be a certain way or I couldn't be happy. I wish I had learned to ignore them then. To ignore them and just live my life even if it didn't look like I thought it was going to. How would things have been different, would he still be here?

I hate those voices that lie to me and tell me it was all my fault. That if I had just done x, or felt like y, or accepted z, he wouldn't have walked out the door. I hate the voice that tells me I am a loser because I was left. And I really hate that voice that tells me I am nothing because I am single.

I so struggle to ignore that voice that says I have nothing to say to anyone else. That my journey through this could never help anyone else. That voice silences me on those days when I get excited about this blog, whispering in my ear that no one will read what I write.

I wish I could send these voices packing. Send them back to where they come from. Send them to where they can't hurt me anymore. I wanted to send in the voices that believe in me, that know that it is his loss-not mine, that know that I'm wonderfully made. And I want in return to send those voices back out into the world to convince all that read my words that they are wonderfully made too.

Please Father God, send me the voice to help others.

Comments

  1. Hey I followed you on FMF! I am happy you shared this. I am sure you will have several people popping over to read it and many of us will relate. Just keep telling your story, even if it hurts, because your story matters because it created YOU and YOU matter! ((hugs)) new friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: Roots

Lisa-Jo Baker (lisajobaker.com) hosts a weekly event on her blog called "Five Minute Friday". The rules are 1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.. So here's my first try at this. Today's topic was Roots. Roots – I think about my grandparents who lived on a farm until my grandfather’s diabetes worsened and they moved to a town with a hospital nearby. My father still says he wished he could have kept that farm. I think of my grandmother who was a widow for 20 years. Every year she would stand over my PaPa’s grave, wishing she was with him. I think of my parents, a product of those grandparents, how hard my father worked to put 2 girls through...

Five Minute Friday: Brave

Right now at this point in my life, it feels like the bravest thing I should be doing is trusting God's plan for me. It is so scary to hand everything over to Him and trust that it will all be alright. Or maybe what I should test my bravery on is trusting His timing.  I do trust that He has a good plan for me, I just wish He'd hurry up and reveal it to me. It's been six long years of waiting to see what good will come from my divorce. Six years of feeling broken, worthless, and unlovable. I believe with my whole heart that He will make good from what was meant to harm me, He will give me double for my trouble, but I want my beauty for ashes RIGHT NOW! I also need to find the bravery to believe the good things people tell me about me. This has been a really hard week for me and through their words and their shows of concerns, I know that people care about me but I can't find the courage to turn that into self-love. When I look in the mirror, I still see ug...

Five Minute Friday: Mercy

Mercy, this is a tough one for me. I think that's why I waited until Saturday to do Five Minute Friday. I didn't want to face the topic of mercy. I am thankful everyday for God's tender mercies. The first definition of mercy that came up when I googled the word was compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.  This definitiion is my life in a nutshell. How many times has God extended this to me when I deserved to be turned into a pillar of salt like Lot's wife. How many times have I ignored his laws and his proddings and done exactly what I wanted to do. Every time he forgives me and prospers me. Every. time. I know there are people I should show mercy to. People who have broken my heart into more pieces than I can count. I think that I am showing mercy by keeping my disappointment in silence. In a day and age with social media, I could have told everyone that follows them how they have hurt me but I ha...