Skip to main content

One Word 2015: Best



Up until about 30 minutes ago, I had planned on re-using my 2014 word, Do. I didn't feel like I had given it my all and frankly, I hadn't received any inspiration on what I should do for 2015. As I am surrounded by the lists that I make every December 31, I am struck by what it boils down to - I want to try my best. Every year when I make all of my resolutions, it is as simple as that - doing what I know I should do, my best. A week ago, I ordered a necklace from Lisa Leonard that will be stamped with "Be Your Best", that has to be sign, right?

In order to be my best, I know that I must Do. Do all of those things I listed here: One Word 2014: Do. That includes being more faithful about writing on this blog. I took the month of December to think about it and I know that I am meant to write. I wouldn't have this dream in my heart to help people if that wasn't my purpose. So I will do my best to write more posts.

I'm still trying to figure out what Best means for 2015. I'm not 100% today, my nose is stuffed up, I have a cough that is coming from my toes, and I may have a fever of 102. But I wanted to get this down, to start the year right by doing my best from January 1 forward.

I can't wait to see what 2015 holds for me and the difference that trying my best will make on my life.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Minute Friday: Roots

Lisa-Jo Baker (lisajobaker.com) hosts a weekly event on her blog called "Five Minute Friday". The rules are 1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.. So here's my first try at this. Today's topic was Roots. Roots – I think about my grandparents who lived on a farm until my grandfather’s diabetes worsened and they moved to a town with a hospital nearby. My father still says he wished he could have kept that farm. I think of my grandmother who was a widow for 20 years. Every year she would stand over my PaPa’s grave, wishing she was with him. I think of my parents, a product of those grandparents, how hard my father worked to put 2 girls through...

Five Minute Friday: Mercy

Mercy, this is a tough one for me. I think that's why I waited until Saturday to do Five Minute Friday. I didn't want to face the topic of mercy. I am thankful everyday for God's tender mercies. The first definition of mercy that came up when I googled the word was compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.  This definitiion is my life in a nutshell. How many times has God extended this to me when I deserved to be turned into a pillar of salt like Lot's wife. How many times have I ignored his laws and his proddings and done exactly what I wanted to do. Every time he forgives me and prospers me. Every. time. I know there are people I should show mercy to. People who have broken my heart into more pieces than I can count. I think that I am showing mercy by keeping my disappointment in silence. In a day and age with social media, I could have told everyone that follows them how they have hurt me but I ha...

Five Minute Friday: Brave

Right now at this point in my life, it feels like the bravest thing I should be doing is trusting God's plan for me. It is so scary to hand everything over to Him and trust that it will all be alright. Or maybe what I should test my bravery on is trusting His timing.  I do trust that He has a good plan for me, I just wish He'd hurry up and reveal it to me. It's been six long years of waiting to see what good will come from my divorce. Six years of feeling broken, worthless, and unlovable. I believe with my whole heart that He will make good from what was meant to harm me, He will give me double for my trouble, but I want my beauty for ashes RIGHT NOW! I also need to find the bravery to believe the good things people tell me about me. This has been a really hard week for me and through their words and their shows of concerns, I know that people care about me but I can't find the courage to turn that into self-love. When I look in the mirror, I still see ug...